Gratitude Magick for Thanksgiving
Gratitude is the quality of being thankful. It involves making a note of and focusing on what you have in your life instead of what you don’t have. Gratitude Magick is when you add magickal energy to your gratitude practice. You can practice this type of magick every day. Here’s why you should.
Gratitude Rewires the Brain to be More Positive
Don’t you love it when magick and science boldly align? Research shows that when we focus on something, such as our gratitude, we begin to see more of that in our life. Concentrating on the things that make you happy, make you smile, and just bring you the warm fuzzies causes a rise in the hormone dopamine. When you accomplish something or do or think something that makes you feel good, you get a small hit of dopamine as a reward. Your body and brain really love the hit, so your brain will seek out more of the things that make you happy.
Law of Attraction and Gratitude
The Law of Attraction can be summed up by the phrase, where your focus goes, your energy flows. It’s the belief that your thoughts and intentions open pathways for energy to flow. So, what you focus on, you will manifest. If you focus on the blessings in your life and the things for which you are thankful, then you are opening energetic pathways leading toward more blessings and things for you to be thankful for.
Gratitude Helps You Create a More Realistic Outlook
Did you know that practicing gratitude regularly creates a solid foundation and more realistic look of your life that comes in super handy when upheavals occur? It’s natural for your mind to blow it out of proportion when things go wrong in your life. If you practice gratitude regularly, you can quickly snap your mind back to reality when those hard times hit.
Simple Gratitude Magick Practices
Ready to practice gratitude magick? Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Say “thank you” out loud – Say it when something happens or when you learn about something you want to celebrate with gratitude.
- Light a candle (it adds energy!) and say, out loud, the things you’re grateful for.
- Be mindful of how often you say “thank you” to others and make it a point to do so when necessary.
- As you water your plants, speak your gratitude to them. As the plant grows, it gives you a visual of your gratitude expanding.
- When you wake up in the morning, express your gratitude for another day of amazing possibilities.
- Or, try Morgan’s favorite: When laying in bed at night, go over your day in your head, focusing on the good things that happened and what you are grateful for from that day. Even if it’s only one thing, give your thanks and go to sleep. This ends your day on a positive note, making it more likely that you’ll wake up the following day with a positive vibe. Over time, you’ll be rewiring your brain to see more positives.
Correspondences for Gratitude Magick
- Rose quartz, Aventurine, and Amazonite all open the heart chakra for loving energy.
- Angelite and Larimar are high vibe crystals that invoke peace and harmony.
- Citrine and Tiger’s Eye bring happiness and positive energy.
- Vervain and White Willow help welcome blessings into your life.
- Calendula is for loving healing.
- Catnip and Orange Peel welcome happiness.
- Lavender, Rose, and Chamomile are perfect for calm, loving energy.
- Holy Basil helps to bring stress relief and joy to your life.
- Waning Crescent: For giving thanks.
- Full Moon: For manifesting more blessings and things to be thankful for.