Water Magick for Purification, Wisdom, & Intuition
Water Magick carries transformational and purification power with it. From ritual baths to rage-charged hurricane water, you can use water in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas and a list of correspondences to get you started.
Water surrounds us – it’s in the air we breathe and flows through our bodies. Mother Earth is covered by approximately 70 percent water. Its abundance and its flowing nature make it a great element for cleansing. Create a door or floor wash with moon or sun-charged water and your favorite cleansing or purifying herbs. Infuse the blend with your intention and then get to washing!
You can also use water to cleanse some of your crystals and gemstones. Be sure to research which ones can be placed in water. Some, like Selenite and Malachite, will dissolve or even become toxic when wet.
Of course, one of the most common ways to use water in your everyday magickal practice is to draw a ritual bath. Select salts, crystals (those that won’t dissolve), herbs, or oils to add to your bath. Try choosing an herbal tea to sip while you soak. Something that supports your bath’s intention so you can experience the magick inside and out is perfect. Soak for at least 20 minutes to enjoy all the magickal benefits.
The beach – whether it’s a saltwater or freshwater source – is magickal. All four elements are present there: Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. Draw a word, symbol, or sigil in the sand near the waterline. As the tide comes in, the water will wash it away and carry your intentions out into the world. You can also bring some of the beach home with you in the form of sand and empty shells (check for critters!) in a sealed jar, so you can practice beach magick no matter how far away you live from the water.
Hurricanes are the most powerful of storms and represent the elements of both Air and Water. Hurricanes do not pick and choose favorites: they tear through everything in their path, leaving nothing as it was. Water collected during hurricanes is best used for rituals and spells to bring about rapid change and to help one let go of things in the past. Using hurricane water for purifying or cleansing spells is not suggested, as nothing is clean after a hurricane moves through.
Always practice caution when using water collected during a hurricane. This water is not peaceful and will carry a small amount of rage inside it. Because of this, hurricane water can also be used to make War Water. Exercise caution when collecting this water as well.
Other Ways To Use Water
Add a water feature to your office if possible. A small fountain or water-loving plant like bamboo in a clear vase can easily bring the element into your space.
Try adding fresh mint and organic lemon slices to your water bottle. The combination may help boost your concentration and focus while bringing you a little luck. Plus, it’s a deliciously fresh combination that will help you get all your ounces in for the day.
If someone is bothering you and just won’t leave you alone, consider a freezer spell. We’ll let you research all the ways to practice one of those… (wink, wink).
Common Fire Correspondences:
- Zodiac: Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio
- Planets/Celestial Bodies: The Moon, Mercury, Neptune, Pluto, Saturn
- Direction: West
- Colors: Aqua, Blue, Black, Gray, Sea Green, Indigo, Turquoise, Violet, White, Purple, Silver
- Plants: Aloe, Belladonna, Star Anise, Vanilla, Water Lily, Sandalwood, Myrrh, Chamomile, Hibiscus, Iris, Jasmine, Strawberry
- Gemstones: Alexandrite, Amethyst, Ametrine, Fluorite, Jade, Ocean Jasper, Selenite, Sodalite, Turquoise, Watermelon Tourmaline, Rose Quartz
- Goddesses: Amphitrite, Aphrodite, Badb, Boann, Brigantia, Chalchiuhtlicue, Coventina, Isis, Kupala, Ran, Sarasvati, Sedna, Tiamat
- Gods: Aegir, Belenus, Ea, Khnum, Mabon, Manannan, Mimir, Neptune, Njord, Osiris, Poseidon, Prometheus
- Animals/Insects: Bat, Cow, Beaver, Hare, Dog, Moose, Horse, Hippopotamus, Otter, Raccoon, Polar Bear, Dragonfly, Crane, Heron, Duck, Seagull, Stork, Swan, Vulture